Stowe Base Layer
Canine ninja? Furry mime? Dog luger? Too. Many. Jokes. But you don’t have to tell your dog he looks hilarious. That can be our little secret. All he needs to know is he’s cozy, no matter what, because the Stowe Base Layer is the perfect start to any cold-weather dog outfit—or a great standalone garment. It features four-way stretch polyester/spandex fabric with a brushed interior, a high collar to keep out those drafts, and dual zippers for harness access. Need more convincing? It also helps contain shedding.
- Breathable four-way stretch fabric with a cozy brushed interior.
- High collar to keep neck warm.
- Dual zippers down the back for easy dressing and harness attachment.
- Can be used as a base layer under other Kurgo coats.
- Suit contains fur and keeps the dog clean.
- Open belly area for bathroom breaks.
- Belly band to reduce anxiety and provides extra adjustment/fitting point.
- Reflective side seams for visibility in low light.
- Machine wash gentle or hand wash. Air dry.
Easy-On instructions for the Base Layer:
- Take the Base Layer out of the travel pouch and unzip it completely.
- With your dog standing up and facing towards you, gather the fabric of the neck portion in your hands so that you can easily slip it over your dog’s head. Once you do so, the Kurgo logo on the chest should be visible and facing towards you.
- Pick up your dog’s foot and gently place each paw into the front sleeves. If your pup is wiggly it helps if you gather the fabric together beforehand, so her paws won’t get stuck inside the sleeve.
- With the back of the Base Layer still unzipped, carefully place both back paws into the remaining sleeves. Depending on your dog’s size, you may need to adjust the sleeve length around all four paws so that the fabric won’t drag on the ground.
- Once the fabric is fitted properly around your pup’s legs, fasten the snap button at the base of the tail and zip up the zipper all the way to the base of the neck. Fold the zipper keeper over the end of the zipper.
- Wrap the belly band around your dog’s stomach so that the fabric is fitted, but not too snug. The edges of the belly band will adhere to itself for a custom fit.
- Cinch the neck adjustment cord as needed
- Go play!